Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Very Hungry Birthday

Happy 40th Birthday Very Hungry Caterpillar!

As a woman who struggles with an eating disorder The Very Hungry Caterpillar has been one of my top 5 favorite childrens books. Newsweek has a great article on Eric Carle's story and shares a bit of why it resonated so deeply with him. I did not find or remember the book from childhood, it was only when I began to read to my own children that I discovered this gem. Lovely to know that Eric Carle has found happiness and is enjoying his semi-retirement.

Newsweek: The Surprising Dark Side of the Very Hungry Caterpillar

3 comments:

Kel said...

what a bright happy trio of pictures

Lifeofkaylen said...

oh - thanks for linking to that article, I had no idea about Eric!!! I love him now!!! That's a beautiful story, I especially love that he answers each letter he gets! I might have to test that!! :)

My son grew up with his books and they have always been special to me. They are so colorful and filled with wonder...he's such a great writer.

Texaco said...

i think i need a piece of pie :-)