Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kingdom people

I hope you've met at least one Kingdom person in your life. They are surrendered people. You sense that life is OK at their core. They have given control to Another and are at peace. A Kingdom person lives for what matters, for life in its deepest sense. There's a kind of gentle absolutism about their life-style, a kind of calm freedom. Kingdom people feel like grounded yet spacious people. Whatever they are after, they already seem to be enjoying it - and seeing it in unlikely places. Kingdom people make you want to be like them.... Kingdom people are anchored by their awareness of God's love deep within.

Richard Rohr

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this quote, this description of "kingdom people". Thanks for sharing. Makes me think of the kingdom people I know, who I am so thankful for!

Suz. said...

I really like that. THanks.