Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Easy Reading

Ha! I doubt it will be easy, but there is the possibility that Keith & I will have massive amounts of reading to do in the near future. We are debating starting the Masters in Ministry as a module program this October. Because we would be deciding late there is tons of reading to catch up with. I know many of you have done/are doing post graduate work and I was wondering if you have any tips or help you can offer this old brain of mine for reading.

I love to read, but mostly for enjoyment. Reading for assignment hasn't happened in over 20 years now (yikes) and I usually read now to slow my mind down and put myself to sleep at night - it's been a great discipline for rest, but not for study - and some of this reading is the kind that could put you to sleep anyway! :P

Any tips, recommendations or advice would be SO APPRECIATED!! Also any prayers as we discern the start date would also be welcome!

2 comments:

Len said...

take a speed reading course or read a book about it. It can be overwhelming. I once had to read 5K pages in 15 weeks for grad school plus about 40% of the Bible. It can be done but you have to be a time management beast to pull it off along with you real life. You guys can do it though

daisymarie said...

I love reading...always have.
I started struggling while working on my MAPC (third Master's degree...anyway...) What I found out was that I needed to get glasses. When I shared this with others they told me that making sure their perscription was correct helped them too. It sounds so simple but it really is a good place to start.