Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Living so far away from family our kids are given lots of $ gifts from the grandparents and since we started the "share, save, spend" back last Christmas our son Jake has been saving his pennies. We had told him if he saved 1/2 of the cost of a Nintendo Wii we would pitch in the other half. Well, today he called our bluff and we are now have our Mii's bowling with the best of them.

It is a happy day for the Turner children. I on the other hand never realized virtual bowling can cause back pain... sigh. You know you're in REALLY BAD SHAPE when you hurt your back playing video games...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfortunately I know what you mean. that baseball game almost threw my arm out.

NoVA Dad said...

Judging from the commercials I've seen for the Wii, there is a lot more aerobic activity with this thing than I'm used to. I prefer the good old fashioned Playstation!

Anonymous said...

We have been able to keep our children from being wise to the joys of personal gaming systems...but the countdown has begun.

Why do they have to make friends?

Heidi Renee said...

tcs - it's quite the workout. I haven't done boxing yet, but I've seen my family pant after it!

novadad - yes, the wii is definitely interactive. it's fun to watch people play too. I'd rather watch the players than the game! The faces they pull are the best ever!

Chris - yes, friends do influence. We tried for years to keep it away and I finally just decided to give in - I have friends who haven't and I so respect them - but living in an apartment there just isn't too much to do "at our house" for their friends if we didn't. It was a choice, and we still use a lot of filters (no power games, they must have a redeemable story, etc) and it seems to help. But it definitely is a dividing line - once crossed, there is no going back! :) Good luck navigating it!