Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Takin' the ferry today

I got an invitation to join my beloved on the Big Island today - we are taking the ferry to Grand Manan. It's a major sea-going vessel and I have to admit I am a bit nervous as I don't know how my constitution will respond to those waves! I am excited to see the Swallowhead Lighthouse and maybe spot some wild life. I am still on the "Great Puffin Hunt"

Last night when we were doing the food collection we got to see a mother wood chuck carrying her baby right across Main Street. I was so afraid they were going to get smushed right in front of us. I think I might have dived right into traffic to stop it. More to keep my kids from having to be a witness to it than to save the wildlife, but that might have motivated me a bit too.

Hope you have a glorious day! I'll post pictures, promise!

1 comment:

NoVA Dad said...

Hope you have a great trip, and we definitely look forward to seeing the pictures! I'm not too familiar with that area, so I'm excited to learn more.